FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Converting Canadian Air Miles Program in IHG Points
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:52 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IC Expert
I wonder if this could be used with point breaks. Instead of telling them what property and when, i wish i could just convert my airmiles to PC points
You can, it's just that they don't understand it that way. (It's, in fact, very similar to the way Priority Club itself used to work, with transfers to American Airlines a few years ago. The Priority Club website said you were redeeming for a specific flight destination, but you were simply redeeming for the number of miles needed for that flight destination. And those transfers, which back then were at rates better than 3:1, were only available at very speciifc point thresholds, corresponding to 25k miles, 35k miles, etc. And you had to call...)

Keep in mind that most phone agents at many companies can only do what their scripts tell them. So you have to give it to them in that format.

They expect the average person wanting Priority Club points to not know how many points they want, just what hotel they want (and so they look up the points).

Maybe you could just tell them "I want a hotel that will need xxxxx PC poitns", but if not, you just need to find a random hotel that needs that (for a given number of nights) and pretend that's where you're going to stay.