FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Bombings in Mumbai Thread [Safety of NW Crew/Rescheduling] 11/27/2008
Old Nov 28, 2008, 5:08 pm
NWAFA

There will not be any flying into BOM or BKK until a further assessment can be made

Originally Posted by M11Stephen
So were there special procedures that kept any crew from being hurt or was it just luck? My prayers go out to all those hurt or killed.

Mumbai was a place that I was really interested in going but now I'm rethinking that decision...
I think it was luck. Some other airline crews were caught up in the attack.

This is the latest update we've received

27 NOVEMBER 2008

SECURITY ALERT UPDATE : BOM AND BKK

This is to provide a further update on the situations in BOM and BKK. The flight from BOM with our crewmembers has landed safely in AMS. Post traumatic stress counselors as well as ministers of all faiths are being made available, along with EAP assistance upon arrival stateside. Some crews will be leaving AMS as soon as flights can be arranged, while others have elected to rest in AMS before continuing home.

The remaining crewmembers in BOM are safe and unharmed. Just as soon as conditions allow, their departures out of the country will be expedited. We have also been assured that all crewmembers are being kept away from any media. FA Managers will be in contact with all Flight Attendants involved regarding the need to drop trips and/or any other assistance required.

Also, the Company has been in contact with our crewmembers in BKK and all are safe. There will not be any flying into BOM or BKK until a further assessment can be made regarding the safety and stability of both regions.

NWA AFA-CWA continues to monitor the safety of all crewmembers and remains in direct communication with the Company to ensure their ongoing safety and well being. We will continue to provide updates on the situation involving both BOM and BKK.