FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Lyon {FRA} (no longer Honors)
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:57 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Excellent !

I am currently staying for three nights at the Hilton Lyon during a major EC event. I had booked the three nights separately, and based on the first night, the Executive Lounge supervisor had upgraded me from a standard twin room to one of the ... King Empire suites on the 8th floor ! When I told her I was actually staying three nights, she nevertheless decided to give me the room for three nights.

It is a very large and elegant (style Empire) two room corner suite with a nice spacious living room, a bedroom and two bathrooms, one of which has a jacuzzi. There is a balcony on one side and a wider one on the other side with some plants and small trees, a lounge area as well as a table, perfect for my smoking guests.

The Executive Lounge is as pleasant as ever with nice patisseries in the afternoon, and the rest of the hotel seems perfectly well maintained. By the way, the hotel is very easy to reach from Gare de Lyon Part-Dieu with the C1 trolleybus. It is the penultimate stop, Musée d'Art Contemporain, right after the Interpol stop. Even if you miss it, it is a short walk from the last stop, Cité Internationale - Centre de Congrès.

I am looking forward to the remainder of my stay, which is quite a change from my previous night at the Holiday Garden Inn located in front of the former Gare des Brotteaux, clean and pleasant too, but quite in a different league .