FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals. Are you kidding me? A rant.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 7:50 am
steve32

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Originally Posted by cAAribmorpho
Of course, if it's an obvious service dog, there's not much to be done about that. Grin and bear (/dog/cat) it.
Real service dogs are better behaved than many people. I have never seen nor heard of any adverse incident with one.

With their poise, they can be identified very easily as such, even without their harness. I've never knowingly seen one not in a harness, as I understand that that is part of their training--they are "on the job" while in harness, and they can be more playful and loose when "off the job" and out of harness.

Other than possibly needing to wake up the pax w/ needs to have him move the dog momentarily to be able to get out to the aisle (possible for the dog were taking up that much space), which is very rare for me to do other than on a 2000+ mile flight, you wouldn't even notice them. I would be happy to sit next to a pax with such a service animal, though the likelyhood is not high as I'm usually in the exit row.

Steve