FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emotional Support Animals. Are you kidding me? A rant.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:46 pm
WanderingGent

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Don't know. It's just so much more common for me to be bothered by a baby. Never been bothered by an on board pet.
Babies don't cause allergies... though they may be cooing, drooling germ factories.

I'm not anti-baby or anti-pet, though I am allergy-reactive around some dogs and virtually all cats. I would be upset at having to sit near some uncrated pet that spreads dander and hair, so it's too bad that the FA didn't do some creative shuffling to appease everyone.

One thing that us allergy sufferers can do onboard, however, is keep the air blower open and on full blast to keep the air in and around your face circulating. That way, you hopefully won't ingest any floating hair or dander -- and cold air always helps stop the reaction process (for me at least, but I suspect it's same for most people)...

Of course, if it's an obvious service dog, there's not much to be done about that. Grin and bear (/dog/cat) it.

Last edited by WanderingGent; Nov 21, 2008 at 12:50 pm Reason: Added two more cents