FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change up: Best/Worst Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:18 am
belynch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
Any really psycho F/As you've flown with?
Psycho
I had a F/A on a US flight that looked exactly like Private Pyle. Every time he'd go into the lav my seat mate would nudge me. He wasn't working the section I was sitting in, so I don't know how he was in the service dpet. But he certainly looked the psycho part. Of course, if I worked for US, I'd imagine I'd look similar.

Worst
A F/A on LH wins this distinction. I was using the lav when they were distributing the menus and when she came to take my order I politely asked to see the menu (there was no one sitting next to me). I got a hearty and she continued to take orders.

She came back to me about 10 minutes later, handed me a menu and said, "the only thing we have left is the spaetzle. You will eat that." And walked away.

Later in the flight I asked for a glass of water and she yelled at me "now is not the time for the water service. Can you not see that we are not doing water service now?"

Worst v2.0
Flying Air France, during take-off there was condensation dripping on my head from the vent. I figured once we leveled out it would stop so I didn't say anything. After about 10 minutes I realized that the water torture wasn't fixin to stop so I looked around and didn't see another seat available. The F/A was walking through the cabin and I discretely got her attention and mentioned that I'd probably need to find a new seat.

She looked at me up and down and said: "vell, vhat do you vant meeee to do avout eet. Ez not my pwablem."

Worst on CO
Flying in BF a F/A asked me how old I was when I mentioned my IFE wasn't working. I failed to comprehend the correlation. I don't care if someone asks me my age (I'm 27), but it just seemed like a very bizarre retort to my pointing out that my IFE wasn't functional and perhaps needed to be reset.

Best
I was on a US flight that hit a goose (or some sort of "large fowl" as the pilot referred to it) on take-off. Yadda yadda yadda we had an emergency landing. The F/As were nothing but professional and did their best to calm and reassure passengers.

I've also assisted in a few medical emergencies (all on US and HP) and during every one the F/A's were always top-notch.

Best on CO
I really have consistently good service on CO, which is why I fly you guys so much. The only thing that really sticks out in my mind was about a month ago flying between IAH - LGA we had the obligatory ATC delay. There was a couple a few rows behind me who had been put on CO from UA and were transferring at LGA to US, or some sort of weird scenario. Their connection was looking like it was going to be busted due to the ATC delay and the poor CO folks were helpless because they didn't ticket anything and they weren't responsible for the connecting flight.

The F/A's went above and beyond to help this couple out in securing other options to their final destination and helping the couple figure out how to transfer terminals. Then, when one of the passengers realized their temperature sensitive medication hadn't been cooled in a while the F/As procured them ice. They really went above and beyond when all they had to say was "sorry, this isn't a CO issue."

(Turns out the couple made their flight because their US flight was delayed. Go figure.)

Sorry for the long post.