FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanks FT! (On my way to a PLT Challenge!)
Old Nov 17, 2008, 1:59 pm
Gamecock

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Red face Thanks FT! (On my way to a PLT Challenge!)

What's a guy to do?

I have the potential to do 5 flights from FRA to the States over the next 8 months. Two of the trips will be to SAT, two to CAE and one to BNA. Which FF plan to use?

Because I'm military and will be on orders for two of the trips, one of the SATs are required to be on AA, as will the BNA. AA is also the logical choice for my second trip to SAT.

That being said, my two trips to CAE will be in December. Not exactly a great AA city.

I scratched my head trying to figure out the best way to proceed. Obviously the best way to would be to use one airline and max out my award potential. Of course I wouldn't get any real status (AA Gold) until I complete one December flights to CAE (12,130 miles added to 13,000 miles already in my account) Then maybe I would requal as a Gold in 2009.

Then I discovered FT. I rummaged around over the last couple of weeks and discovered the AA Status Challenge.

The heavens opened, angels sang!

Then this evening one of the FRAs to CAE became reality. I called AA Customer Service, signed up my 17 yo daughter and myself for the PLT challenge and booked 2 tix from FRA-DFW-CAE in code V. (12,130 miles)

I leave on 12-2 and return on 12-7. The way I figure it we'll hit PLT somewhere over the North Atlantic on the return leg.

Never had status on an airline, but used to be Diamond on HHonors, which had some nice perks. I'm looking forward to trying the AA PLT out over the next year.

THANKS FT!

Last edited by Gamecock; Nov 17, 2008 at 4:37 pm