FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1P "Priority" Boarding
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:50 am
PanHam

1P "Priority" Boarding

This information does not seem to have been posted - I couldn't find it in a search, but, just received this e-mail this morning:

Beginning November 12, our Premier Executive members and Star Alliance Gold guests will board before Seating Area 1 customers through the Economy Lane.

The new boarding order will be as follows: Global Services, 1K and customers sitting in United First will continue to board first through the Red Carpet Lane, followed by our United Business customers.

Our Premier Executive and Star Alliance Gold members will then be invited to board. After all of our most-valued guests are on board and getting settled, the regular boarding process of seating areas 1 through 4 will begin.

We strive to consistently reward you, our premium customers, for your loyalty. We hope that as a Premier Executive and Star Alliance Gold customer, you enjoy this added benefit.
Kind of cool, I think. Priority boarding, but through the Y line - just to keep the differentiation. I'll get to try it out on my flight to JFK this weekend, from SFO. Let's see how many glitches and problems this causes UA, and if the stations actually begin the new process on November 12.