FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2008, 3:57 pm
squeakr
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Thanks for the opportunity to present myself and my candidacy.

Some FT'ers will know me as a longish time poster for SF events and do's.
Some know me as the formerly-scared-to-fly squeakr who recently flew to London (oops, LHR) to see Prince.
Some know me as former mod in UAL and current mod in Only Randy Petersen, Hilton and San Francisco boards.

Whether you're familiar with me and my postings or not, I hope you take a moment to review my debate responses and read this short blurb.

I feel I've grown up on Flyer Talk- when I first joined I hadn't left the country in years; I sometimes blathered a lot and spoke out of turn; and I didn't know how best to work with the diverse group of people that comprise FT. I have learned over the 7 years as a member and the almost as long as a mod, that it's the variety or perspectives and concerns and interests that FT members have that makes it the addicting place it is for me. And as someone who has benefitted greatly financially and otherwise from the travel "tips" I've learned, I sincerely want to give back to the community by representing all FT'ers as a TB member.

I don't see any great conflict between being a TB member as well as a mod - I am and have always been a member first and I would dearly love to give back as much as possible in the dual roles.

I have little patience for grandstanding or stump speeches , so I'll just say I will listen to all FT members not just the ones I agree with. As a relatively low-income member who travels for leisure, I obviously have a certain perspective on travel but as a former biz traveler, I also understand the challenges that group faces. I hope to be able to do my part to make FT a great place for those groups and everyone in between.

Last edited by squeakr; Nov 7, 2008 at 3:57 pm Reason: spelling