FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Screwed by AA on scheduling change, any recourse?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:50 pm
dcameron

Programs: Aadvantage
Originally Posted by MOXJO7282
You make it sound like I'm whining about a minor change. This classifies as a major inconvenience to any reasonable person. I doubt you would be so blasse if it were you.
Actually, yes I would. Up until this week, AA only offered one flight a day to the country I live in. If I missed a connection, or if the flight was canceled for any reason then I have a full 24 hour delay. It sucks, but that is the way it is.

You basically have two decisions to make each with two options: Do something or don't, and get bent out of shape or don't.

As far as the first decision, the other people in this thread have given good options as to things you can do about it, which is a good start. (I particularly like the one about flying into Miami the previous night and getting out on a morning flight and is what I would choose to do.)

The second decision is completely up to you. Getting all bent out of shape doesn't make things any better or easier, it just makes you feel miserable/more stressed in the meantime. Try to remember, this is your vacation and stressing out defeats the whole purpose.