FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting / airport transit inside PVG Shanghai Pudong [Merged PVG connection thread
Old Nov 5, 2008, 1:23 am
Noodlesz

This has been addressed many times in this forum.

Just go to the transit desk, show your passport and onward boarding pass and get a stamp and walk to the gate.

I do not believe Chian Eastern and Delta are part of the same alliance so you'll have to retreive bag. You can double check with them directly. Though last time I flew AA to PVG to connect to MU, and they said they will check it through, but as I was in transit I happened to have seen it on the baggage belt, so I grabbed it...luckily. Otherwise it would've been left in China.

Taxes are included in airfare, no paying at the airport. No US money accepted at china airport. Use credit card or change before u arrive. I arrived late so all banks were closed, could not change money.

Originally Posted by Witling
Greetings.
Later this month I will be flying from BKK to PVG on China Eastern connecting onto Delta to ATL. This will be my first time in China. I will have approximately 2 1/2 hours between flights.

I would like to know what the procedures are for making a transit at PVG. I have tried to find this info on the Pudong website but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

My main concerns are:
1. Do I need to retrieve my checked bag or will it be transfered for me?
2. Do I need to pay the airport construction tax? If so, do they take US money or will I need to exchange some?

Anything else I need to know please feel free to pass it along.
Thank you.