FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 4, 2008, 2:09 pm
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyingVeryHigh
The hotel is still fresh. Rooms are spacious and very modern. Bathrooms in particular are great. There is no free internet. It costs 15 EUR per day and only cable connection available in the rooms. The system will give you a user name and password. Keep those to connect to wireless internet in public areas.
Now I stayed there last night and had to send some emails and it was 8 Euro for 1 hour, 15 Euro (IIRC) for 3hrs and 24 Euro for 24hrs . Definitely not 15 Euro for 24hrs. The IC next door costs 15 Euro per day but not the Hyatt.

The rooms were decently furnished and are certainly of good size. whether they are largest as they claim I don't know. I reserved a non-smoking room and was assigned a smoking one and when I complained about and mentioned that Hyatt guarantees the non smoking they stopped arguing about being quite full. I was then told I could get an upgrade to a Deluxe room which was exactly what I had booked. Okay nice spin on giving me what I'm paying for.

What I found a let down is that in a place where it is not recommended to drink the tap water they don't even give you one bottle of purified drinking water to brush teeth or make a tea or so. Both Hilton and IC do (2 bottles) and their rates are even lower. Now I'm nobody at Hyatt and don't expect anything so it doesn't get me worked up. I will only make 6 stays to get Plat and 3 FFNs.

Just dropping in at Hyatt because I have to stay in Kolkata a few times and there is no other chain I have status with and FFNs are an inteesting concept so I'll give it a try. Lets see if I can get a room at the GH in BKK after Xmas (Added: I did. This pre-booking of FFNs is a nice feature)

Last edited by demue; Nov 5, 2008 at 12:51 pm