FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please help with MR tomorrow and OLCI issue
Old Nov 3, 2008, 5:58 pm
zipadee

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I thought I'd come back and report my experience.

I did wait until 24 hours past all my flights so I should have been able to check in for all four but wasn't able to. (It was actually like 18 hours or so from my last flight)

My first flight was at 6 a.m. I really didn't want to be getting to the airport extra early (already having to leave around 4:30 as it was, which meant getting up at 3:30) to get the BPs from the check in counter.

However, I was able to use the fast track (or whatever you call it, I know it's not the right term) at MCI (I know this has been discussed in prior threads so thanks to the person who described how to use it for golds and highers).

I got to the gate with more time to spare than I expected and the GA was able to check me in for my next two flights. I didn't figure my upgrade had cleared on my first flight, I didn't have her check and she didn't check. Just did my last two BPs (and for those who care I did get upgraded AUS-DFW).

When I got ready to board, machine rejected my first BP. I had been upgraded. So had to get new BPs for that flight and the next one LOL.

When I got to DFW, I went to the gate for my AUS-DFW flight and asked the pilot if it were a turnaround one. (wanted to make sure nothing had changed).He said yes and looked at me curiously and asked if I were doing that. I said yes and said it was mileage run for status. The GA got it completely and explained how it worked but the pilot didn't get it and thought it was dumb. Anyhoo, I then checked in F for the flight AUS-DFW (turned out to be a good move to move up to front to be off the plane first, we had to wait 30 minutes for a gate so my doable connection became a tight one with like five minutes to spare). He recognized me and welcomed me aboard again.

And when I got ready to leave the pilot told me I was welcome to come to BNA with him and congrats on making PLAT. I smiled and said thanks and you are welcome to come to LIT with me.