FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Goldener Hirsch, Luxury Collection, Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:51 pm
kevinsac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
We just got back from another stay at the Golderner Hirsch. With all of my previous stays, this was the first time we were given accommodations across the street. We were there 5 nights.

We were assigned two very large rooms, 79 and 80. The two rooms were off a small hallway, separated from the third floor (small) lobby area by a door. So, we closed the door from the hallway and left the room doors opened.....and made out own two-bedroom suite.

Each room had an entry way with coat closet; from this hallway you entered either the bathroom or the W/C. Huge bathroom, big sinks, bidet. But as often as I take holiday in Europe, I still hate the tub/showers with only a small glass plate to contain the shower water/spray!

Very large rooms, each with 2 beds pushed together (European style to make a King bed). And a large sitting area, with full sofa, two easy chairs, a full-sized cocktail table, armoire, and desk. I had four windows.

From what I remember of my last stay, a similar sized room in the original hotel building had wooden beams, wood floors (?), and beautiful oriental rugs. Our rooms on this stay were obviously more recently renovated to a more-modern style.

We each got a small bottle of Austrian wine and a big lebkuchen in the evening. Two bottles of complimentary water.....and of course, Mozart balls.

On the morning of my friend's birthday, as we walked thru the lobby to breakfast, the staff of 6-8 suddenly appeared and spontaneously sand "Happy Birthday" to her. It was a great start to her special day.....and a great way to end our 3-week holiday.

Parking still remains at 33 Euro/night. But staff was very prompt in bring the car to us.

Only negative.....the blond with the tightly-pulled blond bun who works the front desk during the day. As several guests agreed, so has major attitude.

My 9th holiday at the Golderner Hirsch and I'm looking forward to going back for my 10th holiday soon.