FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Nov 2, 2008, 7:45 pm
cepheid

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by TTT103
I concur; however, being called a "maid" rather than a "housekeeper" is probably insulting enough without also being paid with coins.
Then you should tell Molly Maid and a number of other house-cleaning services to change their highly-offensive names. I guess their employees must have really low self-esteem!

That said, I do think it's a bit rude to give large numbers of coins as payment to non-corporate entities (like nannies, babysitters, the kid who mows the lawn, etc.). Those kinds of employees generally can't, without significant expenditure, accept credit cards (PayPal's fees are a significant hit for people who generally operate only on cash) and they probably aren't as enthralled with dollar coins as some people are; burdening them with trying to spend or convert those dollar coins is somewhat rude, IMHO. Entities who transact in large amounts of cash (like stores, banks, etc.) are fair game, but not IMHO for personal transactions like the above.

Last edited by cepheid; Nov 2, 2008 at 7:51 pm