FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 763 3-Cabin: C cabin pax...have you given up on your lav?
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:01 pm
fly4miles

I fly coach and sometimes First and try to adhere to the no-comingling policy between the two. However, based on a recent flight I'm opting for whatever is closest.

On a recent SEA to LAX flight I sat patiently after takeoff, sitting in coach for the seatbelt light to go off and watched from my bulkhead seat F pax get up at will and go to the restroom without a word said.

Along comes the drink wagon and I kindly ask the FA if I can get up to go to the restroom before they pass. One FA acknowledges the seatbelt light but says to go ahead. I thank her and as I get up the other FA looks at me and says "the seatbelt light is still on". I apologized to her for my weak bladder and mention that it seems that the front cabin must have a different set of seatbelt lights, they've been going for the last 10 minutes. She looks at me and says "all I have to tell you is the seatbelt light is still on" in a threatening tone. I looked at her and said fine, would you like to tell that to the pax in the front cabin?" By then the seatbelt light went off and I headed for the restroom.

After "taking care of business", three fellow passengers stood waiting in the rear galley for the drink wagon to make it's way back. Two passengers, including a young boy were following the wagon down the aisle. The kid was jumping up and down, an obvious sign that his needs were critical. Tubulence and the seatbelt light goes on again with the usual announcements. The drink wagon is still making it's lazy way to the back and the three of us are hanging onto the walls in the back. The young boy somehow gets around the wagon and makes a beeline to the restroom. 15-20 minutes later and more turbulence the wagon makes it to the back galley and now 5 of us can return to our seats.

This was a 2hour+ flight. I have always seen FA's either push the drink wagon up or back to allow passengers access to their seats or the restrooms. If they can't do that they should at least equip that wagon with a port-a-potty!