FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 7: When Disagreeing with Randy?
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:29 pm
squeakr
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Flip answer - I disagreee with Randy all the time!

More realistically - I am generally in agreement with Randy on major issues, but he and I have had healthy respectful disagreements over the years on minor issues. I have changed my views on some things thanks to his input. For ex. I used to be one of the factions that would like to have OMNI just disappear - but Randy's obvious affection for the forum really swayed me and now I enjoy it.

However, that's not the same question as what should the TALK BOARD do if they disagree with Randy. As others have stated, if several TB members disagree with a decision I expect they will be vocal in asking Randy to reconsider. In my experience with Randy and living with his decisions, I have found him to a thoughtful concerned decision maker who considers many points of view before deciding. (sometimes to members' frustration when a decision is anxiously expected)

But it also depends on the disagreement - as I have mentioned in my platform, we are navigating strange waters with the IB/FT relationship. Randy obviously makes some decisions on his own but some may be mitigated or affected by IB's ownership, and that is a level of confusion I hope to help work on if I am elected.

Last edited by squeakr; Oct 31, 2008 at 11:29 pm Reason: spelling