FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 6: Your Presence on TalkBoard
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:35 pm
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a believer in a "For the people, by the people" concept. I believe that the TalkBoard is here to push FlyerTalk in a direction that is of the greater good for all its members, not necessarily just those who are actively posting in the TB forum.

I consider myself to be a fair & rational person who is willilng to go against the grain when time warrants it. I've served as a moderator in the past (unlike B747-437B from his post above though, I was not fired, I resigned due to a job change where I felt I wasn't able to best serve the members in extremely active fora that I was moderating). I've also spent 2 years at a TB member and have acted as a voice of reason on the TB & followed up on members interests.

I have been "Joe the FlyerTalker" in the sense that when I started as a newbie several years ago, I only traveled once ever few years, via plane, and collected my miles through credit cards & Sprint cell phone service in a salaried job with limited financial resources. Then, I was a weekly business traveler for 3 years, going all over North America & parts of Latin America earning top elite status in multiple programs. Now, I'm back at a desk job where I'll have occassional travel.

So, that said, I understand the needs of FTers in most walks of life & whether they are the weekly road warriors or the occassional business/leisure traveler, I understand what their needs are & can relate.