FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 1: Effective Feedback
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:28 am
squeakr
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I appreciate this question also.

(FYI going forward that will hold true for all the questions)

I think there are a myriad of ways to engage with members and get their feedback on the forum about issues pertinent either to individuals or to segments of the FT membership. In my role as a moderator, I have learned that there are many lurkers and otherwise non-vocal members who have strong opinions about issues, and as a TB member I would want to try to engage those members as best I can.

To that end I would read the public forum, as well as use quick polls as some other candidates have suggested. I would also like to initiate a couple of campaigns a year, maybe through Talk Mail or FT-wide notices, to call attention to a particular change or policy that TB has initiated, discussed, or is otherwise of interest to members. It wouldn't have to announce major changes, just to point to some activities the TB has taken on.

I would also be very aware of my role as a TB member in dealing with individual members or through my general posting behavior. Many times those postings can help open up dialogues, officially or otherwise, with individual members on issues dear to their hearts.