FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:10 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
So what cards are you guys using for this deal?

First and formost I'm using them for fulfilling the $750 thresholds of my various Citi AAdvantage cards I churn.

After that, I've mostly been using AMEX SPG and HHonors in order to help (along with the TC deal) hit the spending thresholds for gold status to be conveyed by AMEX in the two reward programs ($30K and $20K respectively before Dec 31st of this year).

Now that those thresholds are met for SPG and will be for HHonors very soon (thanks to the TC's), I've been dumping the rest onto my old GM Card (old program rules with 5% earning and $500 earning cap per year, no limit on redemption amount -- if anyone remembers that card). Of course, I'm not really looking to buy a car right now, but, I've had luck in the past selling the points to friends/family members. Or who knows if in a few years some investments pan out, I've always liked that CTS-V...but, I digress...

I also remember there used to be a Citi card that had a 5% cashback for the first 3 or 6 months or something and 1% there after (but, don't see the offer any more). That would have actually worked out quite nicely being that I've been able to order over $10K from this...