FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Fare no longer available..." problem on delta.com
Old Oct 28, 2008, 2:42 pm
atl runner

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by travelry
I'm having the exact same problem. I spent the better part of an hour trying to book an international itinerary online using M or higher. Fails at the exact same point - right after I enter the credit card info.

I then spent nearly an hour being transferred between SMS and web support. I kept getting India web support and they had no clue what I was talking about. I then emailed Delta asking for help... and... of course, they just referred me back to web support.

SMS was able to pull up the exact same itinerary at the same price I was getting online, and, of course, offered to book it for $25. When I asked them to waive the fee since I was trying to book it online, they then referred me back to web support, which went back to India where they had no clue what I was talking about. This is ridiculous.

atl runner -- were you able to get them to waive the $25 fee?
I was transferred to a US based web person and did not have to pay the fee. I would suggest insisting you talk to a supervisor if you get an agent (Indian or otherwise) who can't seem to book it for you. Keep going up the chain until you get someone who can.

In my case, the web agent not only booked it, but then executed the upgrades--for which I'll be using PMUs.