FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iDine - Only 3 restaurants in my city
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2003, 2:06 am
Tim in Hollywood

Programs: WN Companion Pass, former HP Gold and AA Gold
Hi all,

This is something that has disappointed me about iDine, too. There are only three restaurants in the entire STATE of Nebraska (all in Omaha). None west of Des Moines in Iowa. :-(

It seems that iDine hasn't really done much work to develop these regions.

My favorite restaurant in Des Moines is the Machine Shed. Favorite in Council Bluffs is Pizza King. From the name, it sounds like it would be a pizza-only place. However, it has a wide range of high quality options. It's been around for more than 30 years. I highly recommend it. If you talk to the owners, they will know who I am...and I live in Hollywood.

In Omaha, for Mexican food it's El Bee's. My mother loves to go to Old Chicago (chain restaurant) in the Old Market for the pizza. I think it's OK, but not the greatest. Gorat's has excellent steak, but the hash browns are terrible (contrary to Warren Buffett's opinion). Kobe Steakhouse is quite good, too. Caniglias, south of downtown Omaha used to be 60+ minute wait every weekend, but the quality has slipped over the past 10-15 years, IMO.

I'll probably eat at 2-3 of these restaurants in the next week. Maybe I'll see you there? :-)

Later,
Tim in Hollywood