FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalk causes IE7 to Crash?
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:23 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Problem with Flash Player 6 in ad. Probably?

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
Sorry to hear of the crashes.

We aren't able to duplicate the problem here. Is the problem intermittent? If so, you might have just been unfortunate in that you happened to be viewing FT at times when we were having technical issues. In other words, it's very possible the issue isn't linked to IE 7 at all.

If it happens again, please take note of the procedure you performed immediately prior to the crash and send me a message or post in this thread.
I believe it's due to the local machines.

I just used another PC at school. After a few minutes on FT, a warning message showing something like "a problem with Flash Player 6 and the browser has to be closed." I clicked on it, and the FT browser was gone. I started another FT session and same thing happened again minutes later. I don't have such problem with my home PC (which I have admin priviledge, I don't think it matters though).

The add-on file in question is flash6.ocx.

I think some of the ads require Flash Player to load. If it safe to assume the local machines need another version of Flash Player? Or is it a software problem between FT and Flash Player?

Last edited by lin821; Nov 3, 2008 at 7:34 pm Reason: typos