Old Oct 25, 08, 5:02 pm
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, WoH 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I agree with you that is how things should work. In my experience, they don't.

I have found that the front desk of Hyatt Places has no idea how to input bonus codes. I spoke to three different employees at one HP where I stayed. Not a one of them knew how to do this. I was told that it would occur automatically. Well, it didn't, even when inputting the code into the check in kiosk.

We no longer have diamond agents, even though the line is answered diamond desk. I was chasing bonus points this week, and spoke to a congenial young man. He went back to my reservation to see if I indeed had booked it with the bonus I was now requesting. I asked him what he would do if he didn't find it. He claimed that he was not obliged to give it to me. YMMV.

I don't want to drag this thread off into that topic, but I can see why l'etoile would express some mild concern.
I don't disagree with what you're saying about HP and SS front desk people being clueless re Gold Passport, and have testified to it several times on this board. But I inferred that she was saying she couldn't enter the G3 for the property during October, and so changed the rate basis and hotel. I was plotting a course so that she wouldn't have to pay more for the bonus. And in my recent experience, I've had no problem getting the G(whatever) bonuses applied retroactively by Gold Passport customer service.

(If you were reacting to my blithe tone in the post: point taken.)