FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Oct 23, 2008, 7:08 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by JudyS
Just how much is that toll??? Or were you hoping to save some bills for later?

I ordered a bunch of the coins on Sunday night. I paid for the expedited shipping that's supposed to get them here in 2 - 3 business days, but they haven't charged my credit card or shipped yet. So much for 3 business days!

I ordered some a while back, regular shipping, and they took like a month to get here..... (I think the mint was doing inventory then, though.)
yeah lots of times, 'expedited shipping' only means it will get there faster from the day they send it, and not that it will be sent faster.

in other words, they could decide to send it a month from now for example, but you will just get it faster from that moment. it stinks. (Personally, I dunno why you'd want to pay anything extra to get these coins--seeing as how we are kinda doing this for the cheep miles also, but hey, I dunno... maybe you like the coins also).

In any case, I hope yours come soon.

One time, speaking of tolls, I realized as I pulled into the one on Rte 93 south in New Hampshire that I didn't have any money! But i did have a bunch of change--mostly pennies--in the cup in my car. So I had to count that out whilst waiting in the line of traffic to get there and handed the lady a handful of coins. She didn't mind taking them that way but did decide to bust on me by saying, "looks like the kids aren't going to college this year, huh?" I had to laugh too