FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:36 am
LastSurvivor

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
you could order the walmart card online, right? If there's no shipping on that, then you just need to pay with amex online and not have to park.

or, when going to a costco or sams, use a mileage earning debit card. BofA has one. It earns less miles but it is decent for such events./

where does one pay the power bill in cash? Mine is to national grid, by mail or EFT only. No CCs

There is a charge ordering a Walmart gift card online for shipping I'm sure.

Costco takes AMEX so no issue there.

I've got to move the coins anyway so I'll just cut out the trip to Walmart and use them at Sam's if I have a few left. On a BIG purchase I might do the Walmart gift card route.

The local Georgia Power office is about 150 feet from my house. The hours are 8a-5p and there is a drive through and a place for after hours payments. I'm sure I can't get $80 worth of coins in there but there is a sign on the door with hours and NO CC payments accepted. On my off day I will make the walk and pay the bill with coins. Will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

City Hall (for my city water bill) is about twice the distance and I plan on doing the same thing for my next water payment. They do take MC/Visa but with a 3% fee. Get ready for some Presidential coins.

LS

Last edited by LastSurvivor; Oct 21, 2008 at 6:44 am