FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Spacebed in business class or risk an old first class suite on UA?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 3:24 pm
Axey

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by weero
My thought too - the SpaceBed is not an abomination but reasonably terrible: narrow, incredibly inflexible when it comes to adjustments, filthy, measly power output .. just the pod structure makes that it is marginally better a product than UA's old C.
Are you sure you're not thinking of LH's C product here? I wouldn't describe the spacebed as narrow nor have I ever seen a filthy SQ airplane in several hundred thousand BIS miles on SQ. As for power, it powers my 85w Macbook Pro just fine.

That being said, I too would choose SQ here simply because UA deserves zero premium cabin dollars until they cease war with their customers. If this was an award, I'd choose UA.

Originally Posted by weero
Their entire rest of the fleet is an antique joke and the midhaul equipment of SQ is abysmal.
Is it April Fool's already? You're calling SQ's fleet of 777 and 747's antique? Their avg fleet age is 6.5 years. United's is 13.9 years.