FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hong Kong [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:39 pm
doesun

We checked in late this evening (Saturday) and was upgraded to a corner room on the 23rd floor (we're staying on points). I think guest rooms begin on 16th floor. The room is decent sized for Hong Kong standards. Ok view of part of the harbour, the rest is blocked by other tall buildings.

Edited to add: The location to the hotel was not very noticeable. I was coming from the Airport Express off Kowloon station and had to ask several people for directions. I have noted other posters about the lack of knowledge about the location by cab drivers and will probably just direct them to the elements mall.

The tub is big/deep enough and has a window looking out to part of the harbour/building. There is a separate shower area (small) beside the tub along with its own shower head (rectangular-shaped) and also a facuet directly above you - neat to have water coming at you from two different angles at the same time.

We love the bed! One of the most comfortable we've experienced at any hotel property.

"Michael" was very helpful in explaining the room amenities to us.

The safe has an outlet to charge your laptop when its locked inside - pretty neat.

Btw, we called the Whatever/Whenever line from our room and it took several attempts to get through to somebody after ringing for about a minute - I guess it must be very busy at the hotel tonight.

Departing on Tuesday - Will report back if there is anything unusual or has not been covered by previous posts.

Last edited by doesun; Oct 11, 2008 at 12:48 pm Reason: add'l info