FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You now need ID to return a rental car (at BNA)?
Old Oct 8, 2008, 11:25 am
sammy0623

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
the rental was from enterprise, which is right there at the terminal. i'll prob be back at BNA in December, renting from Enterprise, so I'll be sure to let you know what goes down then...

Originally Posted by ralfp
Perhaps my chemistry is a bit weak, but I'd love to know how demanding ID prevents bombs from detonating.

Do they also require presentation of a magic anti-bomb rock?

That being said, I somehow doubt that all cars are fully searched (a process that takes enough time to make it unfeasible) before entering the area around the terminal. Drive car to terminal, walk away, detonate bomb. How could one stop car bombs without fully searching all cars or having tow trucks that are instantaneous and having police enforce the "No Parking" rules with lethal force?
the thing that makes it even worse is that we're not talking a search of the car/trunk/luggage. i'm talking about a cursory look at the trunk. and only the trunk. not the back seat. not what's in the luggage. not the underbody.

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Yes, been asked at JFK and also not been asked at JFK. And somewhere else which I can't remember.

Like most of this security nonsense it seems to be at the whim of the rentacop on duty. It only p*sses me off mildly and not worth fighting over - I just snicker/snort and sometimes .

(I think if you just 'dumped' it outside the lot, they would ding you for a parking ticket and towing charges. You really want that ?)
i wouldn't dump the car, i'd just turn it off and sit there, and let the line build up (i was trying to avoid an hourly charge, and I knew I was cutting close as it was)