FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:10 pm
Bondiboy

Sometimes things go wrong with Credit Cards

My brother (who needed to top up his FF account for an award trip that he was planning), at my urging, ordered a bunch of Presidential coins that were duly delivered.

A couple of days after the second delivery he received the following letter from the US Mint:

Dear ????

Our records indicate that the above order was shipped to your attention. Due to a failure to receive proper authorization from your credit card provider, we could not collect the balance owed for the merchandise shipped.

Enclosed is a statement of merchandise shipped under this order. Please return this merchandise using the fees-paid label(s) provided.Should you decide to keep this merchandise, please remit a certified/cashier's check or
money order payable to the United States Mint.

You may also authorize the Mint to recharge your account by completing the enclosed statement.

Please include this letter with your response within ten (10) days using the enclosed pre-addressed envelope which has been marked for prompt identification.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please contact this office at 1-866-321-4246 or (202) 354-7591. You can also contact us via e-mail at [email protected].

United States Mi~.
Numismatics Accounting Division
As it was my idea to buy the coins, it is now my problem

Thought that you guys may be interested - especially the bit about the certified check.