FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites Calgary West, AB, Canada [Master Thread]
Old Oct 3, 2008, 12:33 am
kendalh

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites Calgary West, AB, Canada [Master Thread]

Just spending my last of 5 nights at the Sheraton 4 Points Calgary and thought I would leave a review.

I was very impressed by this hotel. I checked in as a SPG Preferred guest, and recieved an "SPG Preferred Room" on the 3rd floor. It was quite huge. You walk into the door, there is a living room with a couch and a chair, microwave/fridge area and TV. Then you walk past the bathroom/closet into the bedroom where there is a great king bed, a sitting area with 2 chairs and a nice large, well lit desk (A lamp with a shutter - which I much prefer over a lamp where the lightbulb shines in your eyes).

A little tip for when you request a room. I faceed South (facing the Trans Canada Highway), and you can definitely hear the traffic. I am a very heavy sleeper, so it didnt bother me, however, if you are a light sleeper, request a North facing view. One thing I did note, when I was getting a new key on the Wednesday night I saw they had keys laid out for people checking in and there were probably 8 Platinum and 10 Gold keys waiting. I made a comment that it looks like all those Platinum's wont be getting upgrades - and the manager just said - nope, we just dont have that many suites. I just saw the honeymoon and Presidential suite on my floor. - But either way, the SPG rooms are huge and could be considered an upgrade for Plats from the basic room without the living room.

Finished work a little early so today we went out to Banff and Canmore. IT is a very quick drive as it is on the edge of the city. It was 26 degrees today, so we went to Johnson Lake in Banff and actually swam! (It was verrry cold - but how cant you swim on October 1st in the Rockies).

I will definitely stay at this hotel again if my clients are out here. Its nice, and I would rather stay here with a small commute to a client in the west end of Calgary than stay at sheraton eau claire and have to deal with traffic getting out here. My only disappointment was that CTV and CBC both didn't work on either TV. There are some shows I wanted to watch that I couldn't and the hotel was full so they couldn't move rooms. There are some shows I like to catch when travelling, so this kind of sucked. But definitely was a only a small negative- just test your TV before you unpack your bags!