FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Code-share question from a rookie
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2008, 1:37 pm
GetAA81Back2ARN

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by niksal
1) Where can I actually book SK codeshares on the net? For instance, if operating airline is OS, and I know there is a SK codeshare, where can I make my booking on the SK code? Not on the SAS page at least... Yes, probably a walk/call to a travel agent would help, but can I do it on the net?
If SK were willing to sell you the seat they would enable it on the web. But, on the other hand, we are talking about SAS IT so maybe not...

Keep in mind that several of SKs codeshares with other airlines are traffic restricted. (In many wesites you can see this by the symbol "TR".) In the example of OS you will find the SK codeshare when searching for VIE-ARN-EWR on sas.se for example. You will not find the SK codeshare on ARN-VIE or ARN-CPH-VIE.

On an external site, such as travellink.com, I were able to create bookings using the SK codeshare on ARN-CPH-VIE but not on ARN-VIE or CPH-VIE.

And when finding the codeshare, whatever date I selected I always got the full C fare...

Don't ask me why.

Ans also remember that you usually don't gain anything by booking the codeshares as it is the operating carrier giving out points (unless SK is the operating carrier) in which case you can gain when booking B class on LH for example).