FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - southwest policy about changing tickets?
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:43 am
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
** MORE QUESTIONS ON HOW TO CHANGE OR USE AT A LATER TIME THE VALUE OF A TICKET **

What if the ticket you change to is cheaper than the ticket you originally booked - what is the status of the remaining value?

E.g.-
* Can be applied to another flight, but with the same expiration date?
* Can be applied to another flight, but the expiration date is extended 1 year from the date the replacement ticket was booked?
* Or???

Also, I thought I remember in the past that an unused ticket value could be used for persons other than the original traveler or even for tickets for more than one person; don't know if my memory is correct, it has been a long time. When checking this online, it looks like that the new ticket has to be for the original traveler and the value can only be applied to one new ticket at a time - is that current policy?

And if one has to cancel the ticket before deciding on a new booking, I assume the new booking can still be made online at a later date simply by retrieving the ticket value information with the passengers name and the original booking's confirmation number, is that correct?