FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (About to be) Involuntary downgraded - help
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:37 pm
dmahon

Programs: BA Executive Club
(About to be) Involuntary downgraded - help

I'm sat in Galleries South at LHR (if you're here, I'm the one looking miserable - at least they let me in) and I've been involuntary downgraded to WT+ on tonight's 21:45 BA0247 LHR-EZE.

I thought there may be a problem when I couldn't on-line check-in (see other thread)

It's not final yet - check-in closes at 21:00, but it looks pretty overbooked, so assuming I end up flying in the back, what am I entitled to? What should I ask for?

I can delay my arrival by 12 hours or so, but I need to get there tomorrow evening. I paid personally (not my employer) so I want to travel in Club if at all possible rather than receive cash. I only have a Blue BAEC card as I only recently started flying BA (I have flights booked that will get Silver in a month's time and if I continue at this rate, Gold this time next year - though given this experience that is looking increasingly unlikely, although the chap at the check-in desk was very polite and helpful). I paid on a BA Amex and I have an Amex platinum for insurance.

At the moment I am wishing I had booked with Lufthansa, which was £700 cheaper and flew from my regional airport!