FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:03 pm
thehawk75

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by jefarl
hi - just found out about this and ordered the 4 coins available today at the 2 per president= $2000, used my starwood amex and got the free freight!

questions: is the offer good for for me to use other credit cards or only one per name?
can my wife order using her card to the same address?
when more coins are availble can I order more with the same deal?
If the PO "looses or misplaces" my shipment, will the credit card companies put a hold on the charge like any aother non-reciept of goods on a card purchase?

I know these questions may have been anwsered before but with so many postings I would hope someone can answer all without me having to read all the comments...

thanks!
Yes, these questions have all been answered before, in fact, even in the last couple pages.

Nonetheless, I do believe maybe a sticky at the front that answers all these questions might be useful.

Because I'm a nice guy:
No, only $500 per president per address.
Some have had success using their wife or other family members name (and card), some have not. If you live in a single family home, it seems putting an 'apartment 1' is enough to make the address look different.

So far I've gotton $3500 out of this (each president). My wife is an AU on my SPG card, and we were able to order $1000 additional dollars (JQA and Jackson), however, when we tried to get an additional $500 of Washington in my wife's name, the order got canceled...

Nonetheless between my wife and I (using the same address) we have managed to get $4500 out of this.

Thus... YMMV.