FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher BOM-LHR from Oct 26 + mention of CMB, MLE & BKK
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:07 am
enjoystravel

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Showmanship and little credibility

Over time, Mallya has made clear that he sacrifices credibility and truth for showmanship. He makes stmts that he himself contradicts days, weeks or months later. He assumes that press and customers have short memories and don't care as long as the show is exciting.

He promised so many routes that never materialized. Notice that even in Sep, he talks about a flt on BLR-SFO route in Oct or Nov. How can one be sof vague so close to an important launch of a whole new destination.

He had teased us about BLR-SFO as the first planned intnl flt for over 2 yrs and introduced BLR-LHR instead.

He has been talking about how great things are while reporting massive losses. On a recent flt that I was on, the A320 flt had less than 50% occupancy during peak hrs. The staff were saying the loads were poor. The next day there is some press comment he makes about how well they are doing.

I wouldn't put much store by CMB, Male flts. BKK is possible. I have lost faith in IT. I hope they raise enough cash to survive.