FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United VISA: "You will forefit all of your united miles if you cancel"
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:11 am
tmapian

Programs: DL, UA
United VISA: "You will forefit all of your united miles if you cancel"

I finally cancelled my Chase United Mileage Plus Visa card today after milking it for all it was worth- and had a rather strange exchange with the cancellation supervisor. Keep in mind - I've drained my Mileage plus account down to < 10, however, about half of the miles earned were from VISA, the other half actual flown miles. The conversation went something like this:

tmapian: I'd like to cancel my card
Supervisor: Are you aware that by cancelling your Chase card you will be forefiting all of your United Mileage Plus miles? Your account will be closed and you will have no access to your miles.
tmapian: Um, that's not true. I've flown numerous times this year and credited those to my account, and Chase can't touch those
Supervisor: (in a angry tone) Sir, I've been a Chase supervisor for over 18 years, don't you proceed to tell me my business. You will lose all your miles, case closed. When you signed up for the card you agreed to this, and I can fax you the highlighted terms and conditions if you want"
tmapian: Yea, just cancel my card.

I literally have less than 5 miles left in my Mileage Plus account, so I really don't care if they do "take all my miles"- however, I find it hard to believe that they can actually do this - especially with BIS miles. Thoughts?