FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hong Kong [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:59 pm
travelbear

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, BA Gold
Just stayed at the W Hotel yesterday... Pretty nice hotel and service was very good.. seems like all the staff are all trying quite hard to please... The aircon in the rooms were freezing, but being HK, that is to be expected... The rooms and decor were very nice and modern..

Unfortunatly the location was a bit off from tsim sha tsui and wasn't exactly convenient.. had to take a cab everywhere (except going to the airport as the hotel was right above the airport express station)... tried both restaurants in the hotel and the food itself was not bad.. but the prices were pretty high.. the two meal prices combined were more than what I paid for the room... haha.. I think with the shopping mall right next door, unless you really want to eat in the hotel, there are a lot more variety and cheaper options inside the mall...

would probably stay here again coz I like the W style.. but for location, you can't beat the Intercontinental and Peninsula, although they do cater to a different crowd...

Last edited by travelbear; Sep 8, 2008 at 3:36 pm Reason: removed SET code as per Starwood Lurker's advice