FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 5, 2008, 7:35 pm
SethLevy
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
The service issues were HORRIBLE in my stay. I was booked and confirmed into a suite for vacation on passport plus (160% of regular rate) Hyatt points for early August 2008. Upon arrival, I was told that I had a "free upgrade" to 2 connecting room, instead of my SUITE!

The on duty manager told me that they knew they had overbooked the room 24 hours earlier, but no attempt was made to find me alternative accomodations or even contact me to see if I would like to cancel!

Search for the thread (or if the mods can include the link here). It is telling as to how HORRIBLE the staff, right up to the general manager is at this location.

I would NOT stay here EVER! BEWARE!!!
The General Manager of this hotel Michael Graves is one of the worst GMs in the Hyatt family. He does not return phone calls or emails and allows his staff to treat guests in a rude manner.

I am truly surprised at how the service level has declined at this hotel, from front desk staff to club staff, there is clearly an attitude shift.

That said, on an FFN or award stay there is good value (especially for those of you who know what I am talking about), and if you must pay, the Stay Certificate make it a good value as well. Beds are extremly comfortable and the AC works very well in the hot summer months.