FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:11 pm
kirax2

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
BTW, if you're taking them to a BofA, Wells Fargo, etc, I STRONGLY recommend taking them to a real bank branch, not a supermarket branch. I have a friend that works in a supermarket branch and he said that they wouldn't be able to accept them if I ever brought them to him because: "our vault is the size of a shoe box!" A full-sized bank branch should have no problems.

Since my credit union instituted their unwise policy of charging for the deposit of each roll, I decided to take them to BofA instead. I went to a large branch and it turned out that the teller was another friend of mine! He deposited the coins into a long-fallow free checking account I've had for some time. I kept some and deposited the rest, and it was no problem. I didn't have to write my account number on each roll or anything like that. I have to say, usually I prefer my credit union, but BofA beat them this time.

BTW, I want to take back some of the nasty things I've said about these coins. I still think they're ugly. Putting the printing on the edge means that the faces look TOO simple, like play money to me. But it was awfully convenient having some in my pocket the other day. I think it will be particularly nice when traveling, since I won't want to keep opening my purse in the airport.

-kirax2