FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Round trip LAX to New Zealand - July/August - $220 + tax
Old Jun 8, 2003, 10:59 pm
smarten

Thanks Oz....I think....

After seeing the post we booked two seats leaving Aug. 8/returning Aug. 28 at $290/each plus tax. Very good fare but remember, no FF miles and we still have to fly to LAX. Nevertheless, when it came time for confirmation received a message basically telling me nothing was guaranteed because it was all subject to "acceptance" and "ticketing" by Air Tahiti Nui. I immediately e-mailed Zuji customer service to advise it had no authorization to follow through on any reservation if different dates of travel/a different price. I figured there was no way this one would come through especially because I went to Travelocity and verified the flights but got a $2K/person fare. Again, I figured there was no way Tahiti Nui would agree to ticket for such a low fare.

Now I'm scared. Received an e-mail confirmation we're booked and the paper tickets are on the way. I am very concerned about the 10 hour layover in Tahiti just before midnight (I wouldn't be so concerned if we could sleep on the beach). Also am concerned about the flight per se. It is obviously 100% booked; are we going to get bumped and if so what rights will we have given this airline offers one flight/week? And if we get on the flight is it going to be a cattle call which can be very uncomfortable given the length of the flight? Any recommendations on the ability to upgrade with miles at this incredible fare? Do you or any other FTers out there have any recommendations on a place to sleep with airport transfers if there are such beasts? Or has anyone else been lucky enough to grab seats on the same flights as ours?

For anyone else considering, good luck; the layover on the return is less than 3 hours.

Don't know if this trip is going to be a mistake or not but I guess we're going to find out! We have been to New Zealand many times before and love it so once we get there we're not concerned. It's just the getting there part that does have me concerned.

Thanks again...