FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Cutting Corners - On Toilet Paper and ..
Old Sep 1, 2008, 4:38 pm
joshua362

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by rahmanbar
Very interesting...

Such a contrast with the Trumbull CT (FS) Marriott which has undergone a thorough refubishment of its room asn public spaces (other than the lobby which is the last area scheudled for major reconstructon.

Rooms are up to the latest standards as to electronics and furniture.

In terms of the $$$ issue, I didn't measure the toilet tissue but could not help but to notice two extra rolls in the closet. And they obviously pay heed to the guest MR personal profiles inasmuch as there were extra towels and pillows in the room upon our arrival.

What was missingwas the most strking of a none of those "join us in being green" advisories that soft goods would not be changed daily without a request.

Instead, the housekeepers replaced used sheets and towels daily with fresh ones and also provid4e new bottles of toiletgries - - without being asked.

Plats and golds get breakfast coupons covering the entire buffet (including omelette station). (We were on the CL level, next door to the lounge which was open last night and this AM.)

Most hard to believe -- the property we were told, is owned by the family trust and day-to-day management is by MI (which one would expect to gett with the program), not some nickel and diming franchisee (like those who play word games as to government per diems).

Go figure.
And this is what drives me nuts about Marriott. We settle for the blandish of a Corporate behemoth, they spend years building a brand name identity, you would think that they establish standard SOP's and strict quality control no matter who physically owns the property.

A Big Mac is a Big Mac is a Big Mac the world over but McDonalds doesn't own all the outlets.

I was checking out of the Bridgewater, NJ Marriott yesterday during a mob of incoming folks due to weddings. The checkout was a hassle but "required" in order to collect a $25 Visa Gift card as part of the rate code, twice I asked if I could take it in advance but was told "no".

Anyway, while waiting, a crudely created coupon caught my eye, it was a "Silver Elite Arrival Gift" !! Choice of a free movie, free internet or 250 points. I would have gladly traded my normal PLT food gift choices for the movie or internet for the kids had I known! So inconsistency the other way, too.