FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:06 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by cepheid
I'm not participating in this scheme, but one might assume that the banks would actually distribute the coins to other bank patrons, rather than simply sending the boxes of coins straight back to the federal reserve. It's not necessarily an outrageous thought that depositing the coins in the bank would still be "putting them in circulation," and potentially in a more wide-reaching fashion since the bank can distribute those coins faster than someone might (reasonably) spend them.

Whether or not that's true is a different story, but it's not an unreasonable thought.
I wasnt trying to make or tell people Not to deposit them into their bank acct.

Only if that is what a person wants to do, Fine, just they shouldnt Shout it out by posting that is what they are doing.

the mint on their own can DUMP them by all the banks, that doesnt mean they will be changing hands. the Mint was hoping that the public would use them in everyday transactions so as to get us use to them , thusly it will take the Dollar bill out of the system

To me it makes no difference if someone takes $3000 and deposits it immediately into their acct. Only PLEASE dont post thats what you are doing