FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:33 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have received orders broken up (ie, order $2,500 and get parts in a series of days over time)

I have heard from two banks I frequent that they have seen a lot of these. Some think it is meant to eventually replace the dollar because it costs too much to convert the paper on a dollar like they have done on everything else down to the $5 bill. Plus, the Euro is a hit so the US is trying to match that with its own stylish coin of like size and weight.

I went to the USPS today to have mail held for when we are away on our trip starting tomorrow. Wed-Wed no email no nothing, just beaches and sun!!

I am expecting another $500 to come this week or next. They told me DHL delivers such coinage to them and they bring boxes over separately when they get it. Sometimes a sep mail truck stops by and sometimes they just give it to you the next day when your regular mail comes. Depends on timing. The mail hold I put on will cover the coins should they arrive in that period and I will get everything when I get back! Nice.