FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis First Useless??
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:04 pm
rtiggi

Programs: CO Platinum; Delta Gold; Marriott Platinum; Avis First
Avis First Useless??

I and what seems like many posters I have seen in this forum have begun to see that Avis First is a useless program.
  • Upgrades vary a lot regardless of lot size. I fly into DFW and ORD a lot and get upgraded to from Intermediate to anything from a Sebring Convertible to a Hyundai Accent. My business partner is with Hertz and he gets upgraded from the same level to an Infiniti M45 or a Cadillac Escalade.
  • Customer service and Reps in the facilities are rarely helpful.
  • The AvisFirst website is a early internet style website with very little functionality. It would seem that an Avis First member, et al. would be able to customize their profile, likes, dislikes, etc.
  • And, above all, the weekend coupon. When am I going to ever use that? I travel every week from Monday thru Thursday and I get an Avis rental. Am I really going to get another rental when I get home? Why don't they offer some sort of reward system like airlines and hotels do? A member could move up in the Avis Preferred Ranks or even use those points to rent cars, etc. Seems like an easy move.