FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to expect: YVR-LHR -> LGW-NAP FIRST/CLUB
Old Aug 20, 2008, 5:12 pm
Howard Long

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by jayzee9
2. How can BA get away with not paying for transfer or providing it, given that some airlines in FC pick you up from home in either a helo or limo?
My favourite is to use TriStar cars that I book through Amex Centurion, but I'm sure you can book direct. It ain't cheap - it was £90 or so last time I used them LHR-LGW in June - but believe me after a long flight (or flights in my case, and my bags got lost too so I was smelly!), I was glad to have some modicum of comfort and a copy of today's Times handed to me by the driver. Four hours should be enough but don't hang about too long in LHR in case of M25 delays.

There are very adequate shower facilities in LGW's lounge complex. I haven't been in the F lounge at LGW for a couple of years, but assuming it's not changed much it's pleasant enough (fun to see the stiff upper lip Bermuda crowd in blazers mid morning) but it is pretty small and nothing on the LHR CCRs but it does have premium Champagne, a prerequisite for most FTers. The LGW Terraces lounge is OK but often suffers screaming kid syndrome especially downstairs from parents not controlling their delightful brats.

Cheers, Howard