Old Aug 19, 08, 11:43 pm
kirax2

Programs: HH (Dia), SPG (Gold), IHG (Plat)
I did a little research on PO Boxes today. You need to apply for them, which you can do online at usps.com. There were many places that had them in my area, the cheapest being $19.00 for six months. However, if you cancel the box before the three month mark, you get a half refund. There are many sizes, and if they don't have the size you want, you have to get on a waiting list. However, the smallest and cheapest size was available at all the POs in my area without exception (many of the larger and more expensive sizes were not).

I couldn't find anything saying that you couldn't open more than one PO Box, or that you couldn't close one and open a new one later. You do need to show 2 forms of ID to get the keys in the first place, even if you apply online, and you have to sign a form, etc. There's a $1.00 refundable deposit for each key.

If you receive a package too big for your box, they're supposed to hold it for you, but I wouldn't wait too long to pick it up because I'm guessing they'll probably send it back after a few days (just like with regular mail).

This lesson on PO Boxes has been brought to you by kirax2.

-kirax2
P.S. Gosh, I can't wait for my new SPG Amex to get here so I can start trying to reach $15,000 on it. Just got my confirmation call today, so it shouldn't be long now! Hope the mint isn't sold out by the time I receive it, though...