FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many times have you been upgraded on AF/KL ?
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:47 am
bebert

So far until yesterday night : 0 in 3 years as Plat, travelling only short haul Europe
But.....
yesterday night , i was travelling back from HKG on a Y award ticket and then the wonderful bip at the gate arrived.....
Honestly, it was worth waiting to get an opug for a 12 hours flight. My first time as well in J long haul in AF. The product is great actually , better than the BA,GF, AA and IB J that i tried previously

But getting an OPug on an award ticket was the last thing thing i was expected, so never give up!!!

Arrival messy in CDG as usual as we had to disembark in the 777 middle gate instead of the front gate, ADP being worthless as usual ( especially compared with that marvel that is HKG!!!)
On the "first" side, the HKG AF lounge is great: huge; hot chinese food, haggen das ice cream,....I even saw seats in the lounge reserved for F customers.
What a shame are the lounges in CDG: i sampled for the first time the Business class in Terminal E, and nothing to write about!
I strongly suspect that they need to offer a great experience in HKG (and probably in others asian airports) due to local CX competition
After that, you feel ripped off as a capture customer when travelling from CDG...