FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:49 am
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find my answer -- it could be in this thread....but my searches haven't found it yet
Question 1: How do I know if I have to change terminals? The connection is CDG to LHR. The itin is FCO CDG LHR LAX. I have it on hold as an award that I need to ticket tonite.

Question 2: IF the one hour change time at CDG is too short and we miss the connection to LHR, will it be terribly difficult to get put onto another flight to LHR?
DH is concerned about the one hour connection. I told him the 'good thing' (sort of) is that all the flights are on AF (albeit award seats using DL miles) and they would have to get us home somehow... There IS one more NS from CDG to LHR, tho it would then leave us with :35 to connect @ LHR...

Flight details (next June):

FCO-CDG #1205 departing @ 10:20 am (1 hr layover)
CDG-LHR #1480 departing @ 1:30 pm (3:15 layover)
LHR-LAX #60 departing @ 5 pm

In the end, these are the best options to get home from FCO and it seems every option (online anyway) is vis CDG... Thanks for any help
1) The current situation (which may change until next June, but this is unlikely)
- FCO-CDG arrives in 2F
- CDG-LHR leaves from 2E
- 1 hour connection is short, but doable; personally, I prefer to have a longer connection in case of a late arrival from FCO

2) There are only seven flights a day between CDG and LHR, but you should be reaccomodated without a problem. I don't know whether 35mn is a legal connection in whichever terminal (probably T4) AF will be next June in LHR.

Overall, I would recommend taking the earlier FCO-CDG flight at 7:20 instead of the 10:20 flight.