FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO 36 half-day delay - anyone know why?
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:19 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
no, i didn't. i was more curious with how anyone would know that the flight left super late if they didn't have a relative on the flight...unless one just goes to CO.O.L (or some other service) and enters random flight numbers to see if they left on time. how did the OP know the flight left so late to begin with?
Well I must confess although I fly the 84 and 85 maybe 3-4 times a year, yet I constantly check on their arrivals and departure activity, As well as the 90 & 91. All 4 flights are to/from TLV.

I also check on the 56 & 57 which I fly to Europe (CDG) where I connect onward to my final destination in Europe on AF, guess in a matter of months it will be LH and LX. To places CO doesnt fly or uses the 752s

So I can see where if the OP flys the 36 a # of times a yr and it appears they do, that they also keep tabs on them even if they arent flying as I do with my flights.

BTW thats how I found out awhile ago that CO was Smart and for 10/12 moved the 90 up by 2 hrs for departure from EWR, only for that day. The reason is the flight wasnt selling, why cause Mon 10/13 is the start to a Jewish Holiday and arriving at 3:30pm wasnt gonna give anyone enough time to reach their home or hotel before the Holiday started, so alot of people wouldnt book it. Its still very much available but the flight has been filling up once CO moved the departure time up to 8:50pm from 10:50pm. Now most people couldnt give a____ about that, but now I know for the future theres a very good chance CO will repeat doing that when the occasion arrives with a Mon night start to a Holiday.